Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Newest addition to my raw beauty routine

So I enjoy researching natural skin care on the internet a few weeks back I stumbled across someone saying that they cleanse with powered milk!!!  I thought, thats dumb, and disregarded.  Then I kept seeing it so I googled it specifically and found that there are some SERIOUS benefits to doing this!  First of, Cleopatra used to bathe in milk, and so did the very wealthy and still do!!!  Milk has many many vitamins and nutrients, milk also contacts lactic acid which is a naturally occurring alpha-hydroxy acid, which has both exfoliating and hydrating!   Think about all the beauty products that contain milk and milk proteins, just think about it!  Clearly there is a reason here!!!


So here is what I found...first, powdered milk is CHEAP!!!  You don't need much!  If your skin is dry then you want more fat in the milk, if your skin is more oily then you can stick to a non or low fat milk.  Seems to me that the more fat in the milk, the better, unless you have really oily skin!  I found mostly all non-fat milk when I went to Whole Foods, and didn't want that, so I opted for Goats milk, full fat....PLUS a goat is unable to separate his milk and urinary track, thereby there is urea in their milk....hence that bit of a sour taste....i know.....EEEWWW...however, check the back of your lotion bottles, urea ...thats right...its pee and its amazing for your skin :)  Anyway, I found a few ways to use it, the most common was to put some power in your hand (cupped) and add some warm water to make a paste, put it all over your skin, it will form a mask.  Go make your coffee, pick your outfit or whatever, leave it on just for a few minutes if you can then rinse off!!  Radiant skin!!!  I found a few other recipes that said to mix rosewater with the powdered milk instead of the water.  Rosewater also has amazing benefits!  Reduces redness and inflammation, leaves your skin soft and silky and smells so good!!!


So this week I have been doing this in the AM and my oil cleansing in the evening.  My skin feels so good, soft, like silk, looks smoother and hydrated!!  


And lastly I read over and over and over about carrot seed essential oil which is an unparalleled source of antioxidants.  This is different then carrot oil.   I ordered some, will let you know how it goes!!  I am going to add it to jojoba oil for my daytime moisturizer.  For essential oils, for the most part, you want to mix with carrier oils ( jojoba, apricot, avocado, olive, primrose, coconut oil, and kukui nut etc).  Carrier oils also all have amazing and different benefits for your skin.  My current favorite for face and body is kukui nut oil, its wonderful!  Its light and soaks in quickly, also has crazy benefits for your skin!  You can make up a cocktail of different essential and carrier oils and use it!  My evening moisturizer is a butter I made with mango butter, kukum butter, illipe butter, coconut oil and kukui nut oil. Its so wonderful!
I ordered all these butters and kukui nut oil from a wonderful, reputable seller.
http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/butter/butter.html


Here is the link to the carrot seed oil that I ordered:
http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Carrot-Undiluted-pressed-Unrefined/dp/B0066SJ254/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340167724&sr=8-1&keywords=carrot+seed+oil


I haven't used any commercial beauty products in MONTHS and my skin never looked or felt better!  I am looking for the natural fountain of youth and I feel like the combination of all these different things is it!!!  


Be careful what you buy!!!  Get educated on the source and actual item you are purchasing, the first "rosewater" I found was actually just water with rose oil added, didn't know that wasn't real rosewater!  Returned and bought real rosewater.  I learned this from reading people's reviews on Amazon, a great source!!!


Here is the rosewater I purchased, its amazing and smells so good!!
http://www.amazon.com/Shea-Terra-Organics-Moroccan-Water/dp/B000P6I3WG/ref=sr_1_2?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1340168851&sr=1-2&keywords=rose+water


Stay tuned for more!!!









2 comments:

  1. I love it that you do all the reasearch & sum it up so well! :) Thank you! I can't wait to try this, I'm loving the face wash & moisturiser so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bekah!!! I love the research :) Let me know what you think of the milk cleanser :)

    ReplyDelete